Grayhawk is a fifty year old award winning company which offers a wide variety of opportunities to its employees.
We are proud to offer you:
- Health Insurance
- Group Life Insurance / AD&D
- 401(k) Retirement Saving Plan
- Paid Vacation Time
- Voluntary Critical Illness/Cancer Coverage
- Voluntary Accident Coverage
Position Overview: Drywall Framer/Hanger is a mid-level position also known as a journeyman. Responsible for installing metal framing and hanging drywall on walls, ceilings and soffits of commercial projects.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Layout reference lines and points, compute position of framing and furring channels, and mark position.
- Measure and mark cutting lines on framing, drywall and trim.
- Install grid system for installation of ceiling gypsum panels.
- Install horizontal and vertical studs for interior walls for the attachment of gypsum panel products.
- Trim rough edges from wallboard to maintain even joints.
- Fit and fasten gypsum panels into the specified position.
- Install batt insulation between studs.
- Assemble and install metal framing and decorative trim for windows and doorways.
- Perform daily cleanup of work areas.
Working Conditions: While typically assigned to one project at a time, a Drywall Framer/Hanger may be required to travel to several different job sites during the course of a day. The work may be both inside and outside of buildings. Drywall installation work is sometimes strenuous. Prolonged standing, climbing and working from rolling scaffolding are often necessary. Exposure to risk is high due to working with rough or sharp materials, and using sharp tools and power equipment. Slip and fall hazards also are common.
Education, Training and Advancement
- A Drywall Framer/Hanger should have a high school education or a GED as a minimum. High school classes in carpentry, shop, mechanical drawing and general math are desirable. Manual dexterity, eye-hand coordination, physical fitness and a good sense of balance are important. The ability to solve math problems quickly and accurately is helpful.
- A Drywall Framer/Hanger will have to successfully complete an OSHA 10-hour training program.
- Potential for advancement is good and may include advancement to field supervisory positions after completion of training and depending on the individual’s qualifications and abilities.